fbpx

Spam

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    John Larsen
    Keymaster

Hi all,

We try to all in our powers to keep spammers (potential scammers) out, some of you has accepted friendship from a profile called ‘hariatta hester’ that is a spamming profile, ‘she’ will write you and say ‘she’ works with UN and has some important info to share, then ‘she’ will ask for your personal details. Repport and delete. If you get that, from hariatta hester or any other profile here. We are here for our studies, not to get scammed. I will delete any spammer as soon as I know.

Thank you all,
    Have a great day.
    John

Michael McManus

I had gotten that one, but it was deleted before I could report it

inge van der woude
    Participant

got one too today..
    alicefransico is the name works also by the UN…so i think it is the same as above…

John Larsen
    Keymaster

Yes, thank you Inge. You are absolutely right, and she has been removed.

/John

Roberto Barata

I got the message too. Thanks for your quick action.

John Larsen
    Keymaster

Thank you to you all for reporting. That is what helps me to deal with spammers, scammers, or fakes as quick as possible.

πŸ™‚

John Larsen
    Keymaster

There is a lot of traffic to the site at the moment. Please be aware if you get a weird friend request or a “Hello Darling…” mail with “interesting” suggestions. Do not send them a mail to an email address, if you feel like answering (your reply will eventually get deleted) then answer the message only.

The purpose of getting you to write emails is harvesting email addresses that are in use, for sale.

We have implemented “I am not a robot” but some of the attackers will circumvent that.

Roberto Barata

Thanks for your hard work, John!

Amber Kernohan
    Participant

New Spam alert for a @lauren Titled “Hello” and putting the email address abuzerlauren@yahoo.com in the body of the email. Checked the e-mail and it’s come up in a few spam reports, have a screen shot that can be sent if need be.

Amber~

John Larsen
    Keymaster

Thank you Amber, Lauren (and 4 other potential spammers) has got deleted. So also the messages and notifications πŸ™‚

Thank you for your report, it helps me fight them πŸ™‚

/John

Lee Anne Rogers
    Participant

Another spam alert from β€œMaasai Moran”. I received 5 messages in 20 minutes from this person.

Lee Anne

John Larsen
    Keymaster

Yes, this night (GMT) we had our worst spam attack ever. It was not a hacker attack, but spam. Maasai Moran had time to send 3,403 messages in the span of 3 hours. I have never seen anything like it. The profile gives a facebook address, and I have reported the profile as “fake” to facebook.

If anyone has the time to do the same, please do so, as Facebook only reacts if many people do the same. The profile:

https://www.facebook.com/masai.morran.3

The profile says “she” is from Baton Rouge, but live in Benin? Naaa, I don’t think so πŸ˜‰

Enjoy your days, where ever you are. And thank you for reporting. Maasai Moran is gone πŸ™‚

/John

Lee Anne Rogers
    Participant

John, what is the best way to report spam when we receive it?

Lee Anne

John Larsen
    Keymaster

Hi Lee Ann,

This forum is a great way actually. The latest spammer from this night (GMT) Trista Abuzer (interesting name to choose when you are an internet abuser πŸ˜€ ) Send out 396 spam messages before we caught up to “her” in those cases the Admin Team are also getting spam, and they will be gone before we read the forum.

But the Admin Team is subscribed to this forum, new messages here we see πŸ™‚

Have a great day.
    /John

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.