fbpx

Reading the books

Front 2020 Forums General Questions Forum Reading the books

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ness
    Participant

Is anyone else having problems blowing the books up to full screen using the [ ] icon at the bottom of the link? I click on it and nothing is happening – I’m on a computer not a laptop or iPad.

I know I can blow the text up but it is still very difficult to read – I really need to be able to blow the book up to full screen.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Ness

John Larsen
    Keymaster

Hi Ness,

Here are some solutions. iPad works for us, we have tried different models, but you have to use the build in Safari browser. For the laptop. If you are on Windows use the build in Edge browser or Firefox.

MacOSX also works right out of the box with the build in Safari.

With the FireFox browser, this works on MacOSX, Windows, and, Linux. Rightclick the book, choose “This Frame” and then “Open Frame in New Tab” it will then open full screen.

/John

Ness
    Participant

Ah interesting – that works in FireFox but not Chrome.
    Thanks so much for your help
    Ness

Francesco Pula
    Participant

I had your same problem, I solved it simply by using Chrome for the site and Explorer for reading the book.

Ness
    Participant

Yes that’s what I’ll do. I was just hoping to be able to read the book on my iPad away from the computer but I can’t figure out how

John Larsen
    Keymaster
    Ness
    Participant

Thanks John – I tried it and it does blow it up bigger — I didn’t have my glasses on me so I’ll try with them as it was still just a little too small for me!! Otherwise I’ll just read on my computer — thanks so much

Juliette Spierings
    Participant

I had the same problem and asked for help at the wrong places 😉 I read the answer here now and I don’t have any trouble anymore. Thank you! Juliette

Amber Kernohan
    Participant

Right I have a Chromebook and I have downladed the Firefox browser app onto the Chromebook but still do not get the option in order to open the book to my CB’s full screen potential. BIG problem since this is my only computer. Any other suggestions so I can do my reading without going blind?
    Thanks in advance.
    Amber~

Ness
    Participant

So what I do now is open up FireFox and find the book
    Right click on the book and it should say This Frame
    If you hover over This Frame you will see a drop down menu
    Click on Open Frame in New Window.
    It will open up another table in the FireFox browser and you should be able to read it there

Amber Kernohan
    Participant

thanks for the tip Ness but the Chromebook says no.
    Been trying just about every trick I can think of including taking the key mode out of the picture and just using the CB as a tablet, which seems to be the way it was written for the iPad, but there is no love there either, the page just keeps freezing and not wating to co-operate. I’m actually pretty shocked that there isn’t a downloadable version so you can read it when ever, on any device; even if you’re not connected to the internet? Am I missing a trick for that maybe?
    Amber~

Ness
    Participant

Have you tried doing the same in Internet Explorer then? Might be worth giving it a go

Amber Kernohan
    Participant

From what I can tell the real explorer isn’t available for the chrome base, so I guess I’m just stuck with what I have been limping along with, a bit rough and has really slowed my progress with the book assignments, a download version sure would be handy.

John Larsen
    Keymaster

Hi everybody,

We are working hard on the solution. Unfortunately the last 2 updates of the plugin did not solve the problems. But we are still trying to find a way.

We expect, however, to be ready with a solution in a very near future.

/John

John Larsen
    Keymaster

It looks like we actually have cracked the nut and found a working hack, it will take a bit of time before all books are converted. But they will be. We have now tested with Safari, Firefox and Chrome all seems to be “happy”.

Right now we know that Evolution and Dogs and children works. If it does not on your device please first try to clear the browser cache. If it still does not work, please message me.

/John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.